Monday, December 12, 2011

Orca Bay, the mystery continues


 Week 4 began Friday. I didn't finish week 3 until Saturday at midnight. Here are my little stacks of 10 each of half square triangles blocks, for a grand total of a little over 350. There's a close-up of some of the blocks. I've kind of stretched the idea of the black by including the striped ones, but they're so cute with their little dog paw prints.
 Yesterday I started on the red strip pieced blocks. I spent a fair amount of time sorting through all my reds, ironing ones that needed it, and then cutting them into strips. I didn't get any actual sewing done until after dinner (which was yummy! Thai curry shrimp on a sweet potato. Sounds a little weird but totally delicious) When it was all said and done, I got two blocks made before going to bed. I have another week of sewing ahead of me! I thought for a change I might get caught up and a little ahead of the game but no, it is not to be. Luckily I like sewing the string blocks. 

Check in on everyone's progress at Bonnie's website.

5 comments:

  1. love those reds and the variety of prints. It is very interesting to see the variety of fabrics in different stashes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your reds, what I really find intriguing are HST with the gold, they are simply beautiful and so remind one of sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, those paw prints are cute. And a great selection of red too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blocks and your ironing board cover is really cute too. Mine is at http://www.spiritblog.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on all that sewing. Do you think the red strings will actually be flying geese? Possibly.

    ReplyDelete