Sunday, May 20, 2012

piecing fun with a friend


So, maybe it's cheating but in one of my swap groups, the request was for blocks to make a quilt for a man. So, my friend Robert helped me create these. He's got quite an eye for the quilting. I don't know if he'll want to continue on with this, but I was impressed with the way he put fabrics, patterns and colors together. We had a palette we had to stay within, red, orange and blue, so the choices were constrained by that, but I love the way the blocks turned out.
We used this tutorial to make these:
http://six-white-horses.blogspot.com/2012/02/improv-chevrons.html

As a child, he had done some sewing with his mom, who taught him to back tack each seam. He was doing that on these, until I noticed and reminded him that we were cutting off almost every beginning and ending seam to create the wedge shape. Ooops.



No comments:

Post a Comment