Tuesday, August 28, 2012

stupid blogger

I had a post all written out and then somehow, I managed to change it into a blank page. Brilliant. So instead of telling you about all the stuff I originally typed, I'm simply going to tell you that one or both of my quilt blocks that I sent in for the Modern Quilt Guild challenge are going to be featured on their blog tomorrow! Cool, right?
These are them.
So, here's what's going on in case you don't follow this. The Modern Quilt Guild is having it's first ever "QuiltCon" (I know, the geekiness!) and they are doing a raffle quilt, here read the email:
 
I'm just sending you this e-mail to confirm that your block or blocks will be featured on the MQG blog on Wednesday, August 29. You can follow the blog during the next few weeks to see more fabulous blocks and be sure to check the blog starting September 24, for the announcement of the blocks that were selected to be included in the QuiltCon Raffle Quilt.

The blocks that aren't selected for the raffle quilt will be used to make bed quilts for the Austin Children's Shelter so, even if your block doesn't end up in the raffle quilt, it is definitely going to a good cause! We're currently looking for guilds interested in finishing one of the quilts for the children's shelter so, if you think your guild might be interested, please let me know.
 
So, win, win, right?! 


1 comment:

  1. I got to your blog from the Modern Quilt Guild site. Love your block. You're so right about a win, win situation. There will be beautiful quilts made with all those blocks. Good for you to send one. I only thought about it.
    Linda F.

    ReplyDelete