Thursday, September 29, 2011

And now pictures without much chat

The design for the quilt I'm working on came from a Kaffe Fassett book. I haven't followed the directions, just the general idea. Cut a rectangle, sew strips around it, sew more strips around that, etc. Each strip is a color/texture/pattern decision and so far I think it's going well.

This is what Katie and I have done to my sister-in-law's normally neat dining room.

Here's the quilt I'm working on for my brother.

His son is staying here tonight because he (my brother) is bowling.

He thinks his dad will love it. I know I'm loving it so far, so I hope he does!

3 comments:

  1. Carolyn -- I keep trying to post. Gonna see if it works before I say anything ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay it worked!! I tried this three times the other day. I really like your blog ... your pics look great and I love the one of the ocean. So sorry to hear about Sammi ... that is never easy. Sounds like she had a great life! How did you get the Blogger's Block of the Month button to post? I couldn't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know what? I was messing around with the blog yesterday afternoon, that might have been the difficulty. To snag the bloggers bom dohicky, I copied the code they provided on the first post, and then went to "design" on my blog and into the template and there's boxes that say "add widget", so I pasted the code there and voila! I'm brand new at this, too, so I hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete