Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sweet Sam


This is my beautiful girl Sammi, with Minx in the background. Last night I had to take Sammi to the vet and have her put to sleep. She was 15 and has been gradually getting less active over the last few weeks. She pretty much stopped eating last Thursday and I fretted over her all weekend. I called yesterday to make an appointment, but they didn't have one until today. When I got home last night, she just seemed so uncomfortable, not even lying on the bed as usual, just sitting hunched up in the kitchen. I decided not to wait, to just take her then. It was so hard to say goodbye, but I petted her soft little head while they administered the drugs and now she's gone. I'll miss her soft little body. She, more than any of my other cats, loved to curl up next to me while I slept and she liked being under the covers when it was cold. I'm glad she's out of pain, and I hope she didn't suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment